This is my first attempt at making Gourmet Marshmallows … they’re delicious … this could be very dangerous for me!!! Directions were simple and a good Candy Thermometer was an asset.
Part two of Markham Towne Quilters Challenge Quilt … Snail & Butterflies. The Butterflies were made & embellished separately and attached to the Free Motion quilted background along with my appliqued Snail … must now get back to Daffodils and Free Motion that first square. It will be interesting to see how it all comes together. What will the next block be ??? I’ll find out soon.
Christmas is just around the corner and I decided to make a new Runner for the front hall table (a treddle sewing machine base with plate glass top). We have Cardinals that visit our bird feeder year round that bring us must Joy so thought the Cardinal print was appropriate … here’s the end result … my French Braid runner.
Well it’s finally finished and I must say I’m very pleased with the outcome. I free motion quilted the entire background (using 6 different patterns … each different material a different pattern) before appliqueing the Tardis which I then stitched in the ditches. It’s a Christmas present for The Boy (not a young one!) … hope he likes it. Sewluvli silk screened the Police Public Call Box … she did a nice job.
Had great sales at the 24th Annual Lemonville Craft Sale this year … already planning what to do for next year. Attended the ONE OF A KIND Craft Show here in Toronto today to find some more inspiration. Made two not very big purchases but enjoyed myself just the same.
Markham Towne Quilters Guild’s Christmas Project (that’s a mouthfull) is to supply a local Senior’s Residence with 97 Pillowcases. The top three are my contribution — finished this morning. While I was at it I pieced leftover fabrics from the Dr. Who Quilt (now under way) to make a Pillowcase to go along with the Quilt that will be a gift for my son. Both the front and back are pieced as I didn’t have enough of any one fabric to complete.
Sewluvlie sent me this picture … she’s Silk Screened the printed band for the Dr. Who ‘Tardis’ Quilt … it will be a week or so before I receive it in the mail … right now I’m prewashing the batting … can hardly wait to get started on the quilting.
The problem with I Spy quilts is that there is always leftover novelty prints … you just can’t stop at one … you have to do multiples! My first … the blue one posted last week sold within ten minutes of finishing the binding. I finished this one just in time for Show and Share at my Quilt Guild meeting this evening.I have another top made waiting for quilting and another one cut out. I am having fun with them.
The second top is for a Dr. Who Quilt (a Christmas gift for the Son). I first saw this on a Tumblr site I follow and then again by someone else on Pinterest. I tried to find the pattern over the web but to no avail … so had to draft it myself. The ‘Tardus’ and background were pieced separately. I used a pigment pen to do the printing and Sewluvli is Silk Screening the POLICE BOX band that will be appliqued in the appropriate spot. I’ll give myself a little longer to quilt this one and will post the finished article when completed. The upper corner shows the detail on the back.
The sewing room has been a beehive of activity the last few days preparing two quilt tops. The first seen here. I’ve been collecting fabrics for an I SPY quilt for some time now and purchased the template recently for the layout seen here … hopefully will get around to quilting in the next week or so. The small check is what I have chosen for the backing and the little doggie print will be the binding.
I wanted to put my new found skill Kumihimo to work so made the cord for my Felted Pocket Purse using the ‘round’ method. I used 4 lengths of wool yarn that was used for felting the stem along with 2 lengths of a synthetic cord that would keep the strap from stretching. It’s always nice to learn a new craft or technique and to be able to put it to use!